The Parents and Friends Association is an active group of supportive families.
The group has great energy and vision and supports projects nominated by the Principal. The association runs regular events with money raised going back into facilities for students. In 2016 activities included:
- Community Business Directory
- Preloved Sale
- Tree Drive
The Parents and Friends Association purchased the mid-stage curtaining in the Chapel and Performing Arts Centre and 55 mature trees were planted.
As a fundraiser for 2016, the Parents and Friends Association compiles the Aitken College Community Business Directory to provide a way in which we can support each other in buying local and helping businesses.
- Hot Cross Bun Drive – Orders and payment due by Thursday 23rd March 2017
- Trivia Night
- Fun Run
- Community Business Directory
- Mothers Day & Fathers Day Stalls and Breakfast
- Preloved Sale
- Business Directory
Donations of uniform items and books are accepted by the Parents and Friends Association for the Preloved Sales.
Parents and Friends Art Scholarship is a group of parents, students and friends who support the Music, Drama, Creative Arts and Design and Technology events at Aitken College. We are actively involved in helping and supporting our students and teachers with such events as Primary Concerts, Drama Productions, Festival of the Arts, Art Show and our highly commended College Musicals.
Each year the Parents and Friends Arts supports our most talented Arts Students.
In 2016 scholarships were awarded to:
- Matthew Shaw
- Ebony Gorlin
- Elisya Kirk
New members are encouraged, and are most welcome to attend meetings.
For further information about Parents and Friends Art Scholarship, complete the form below:
If you would like more information in becoming involved please contact us by completing this form.
We are putting together a Volunteers Register for parents who may be interested in helping out with various events during the year, but do not wish to have the commitment of being a member of our Aitken College Parents and Friends Association. We understand that you are busy with everyday life and as such have little time to commit to our regular meetings and activities. We also know that many parents say they are happy to help out if they are available for our events such as Pre-loved uniform sales. With this in mind we have developed a Volunteer Register. From time to time we require a few extra hands to man and assist with the BBQ or we may need help with preparation for a fundraiser If you are interested in the Register, please contact us. You will be added to this Register and occasionally you may receive an email requesting your assistance for a particular event. You will be under no obligation to do so, however, if you are free and can spare an hour or two we will really appreciate your assistance. It is a great way to be part of our College Community.
Meetings commence at 7.30pm, Seminar Room in the Chapel and Performing Arts Centre:
- Wednesday 15 February
- Tuesday 7 March
- Wednesday 19 April
- Thursday 11 May
- Monday 19 June
- Monday 31 July
- Tuesday 5 September
- Wednesday 11 October
- Monday 27 November AGM
The 2017 Office Bearers of the Parents and Friends Association are:
President: Siobhan Short
Vice President: Allison Phelan
Treasurer: Sally Penaluna
Secretary: Melinda Gallicchio
Assistant Secretary: Misal Belvedere
- Aitken College Parents and Friends Association is formed to support the objects of Aitken College, as defined in the College Constitution.
- The Association shall be subject to any College Board regulations in force from time to time.
- The Association will encourage active parent and friend interest in the College by encouraging active participation and involvement in school programs.
- The Association will work with the Principal, who is the leader of the school community, to achieve common goals.
- The Association will support the teaching, administrative and ancillary Staff of the College in the implementation of various programs initiated by such Staff.
- The Association will raise money for the acquisition, development or improvement of the equipment and premises of the College within the policy laid down by the College Board.
- Provide a forum for ideas and discussion of relevant issues, as invited by the Principal in line with policies laid down by the College Board, that will benefit the education of the students.
- Assist in planning and organising functions associated with the social, sporting, cultural and educational life of the school community.