THE PARENTS AND FRIENDS ASSOCIATION IS AN ACTIVE GROUP OF SUPPORTIVE FAMILIES
The group has great energy and vision and supports projects nominated by the Principal. The association runs regular events with money raised going back into facilities for students. The Parents and Friends Association compiles the Aitken College Community Business Directory to provide a way in which we can support each other in buying local and helping businesses.
Activities include: Hot Cross Bun Drive, BBQ’s (Open Evening), Trivia Night, Fun Run, Community Business Directory, Movie Nights, Mothers Day & Fathers Day Stalls and Breakfast. Preloved Uniform Sale, Dance Parties (Fairview & Cumberland)
1. Aitken College Parents and Friends Association is formed to support the objects of Aitken College, as defined in the College Constitution.
2. The Association shall be subject to any College Board regulations in force from time to time.
3. The Association will encourage active parent and friend interest in the College by encouraging active participation and involvement in school programs.
4. The Association will work with the Principal, who is the leader of the school community, to achieve common goals.
5. The Association will support the teaching, administrative and ancillary Staff of the College in the implementation of various programs initiated by such Staff. 6. The Association will raise money for the acquisition, development or improvement of the equipment and premises of the College within the policy laid down by the College Board
7. Provide a forum for ideas and discussion of relevant issues, as invited by the Principal in line with policies laid down by the College Board, that will benefit the education of the students. 8. Assist in planning and organising functions associated with the social, sporting, cultural and educational life of the school community.